Shipley Parish Council
Parish Council Documents
Next Council Meeting
Tue 28th Jan 2020 at 7:00pm
Meetings are held in the Shipley Parish Room, The Field, on the 4th Tuesday bi-monthly at 7pm (no meeting held in August and December) - the Agenda can be viewed by clicking on the link above.
During the first 15 minutes there is an opportunity for residents to bring any matter (within the Council's remit) before the Council.
After this time the public can only observe and are unable to take part in the rest of the proceedings.
An agenda will be displayed three clear days before the date of the meeting.
SHIPLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Councillor Keith Stevenson
Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer: Sheena Trower CILCA
Bailey Brook House, Amber Drive, Langley Mill, Derbyshire. NG16 4BE.
Tel: 01773 764202 (answerphone)
website : shipleyparishcouncil.org
16th January 2020
To Members of Shipley Parish Council
Re: Shipley Parish Council Meeting
Tuesday 28th January 2020 commencing at 7.00 p.m.
You are summoned to attend the Shipley Parish Council Meeting to be held at the Shipley Parish Rooms, Shipley on Tuesday 28th January 2020 commencing at 7.00 p.m.
The public and press are welcome to attend. The public can address during public participation period within the first fifteen minutes from the opening of business (commencing at 7.00 p.m.)
Printed copies of all documents will be made available at the meeting for Members.
Please forward apologies to the Chairman or Clerk.
Clerk of the Council
A G E N D A
- Apologies for absence
- To record Declarations of Interests in the notification book provided at the meeting to enable Members to declare the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests they have in subsequent agenda items, in accordance with the Parish Council’s Code of Conduct. Interests that become apparent at a later stage in the proceedings may be declared at that time.
b) To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
- To receive public comments
- To receive report from Amber Valley Borough Council representative Cllr Richard Iliffe
- To receive report from Derbyshire County Councillor Alex Stevenson
- To receive Police Report; circulation of Derbyshire Alert detailing appointment of new Police Officer for Amber Valley
- To receive the Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held Tuesday 26th November 2019
- Financial Reports:-
- To receive income & expenditure report to 31st December 2019
- Bank reconciliation to 31st December 2019
- To consider budget and precept requirements for 2020 – 2021 for submission to Amber Valley Borough Council.
- Receipt of Grant Application received from Shipley Parish Rooms Trust as attached (Section 137 LGA 1972).
- Receipt of Grant Application received from Shipley Eco-Action Group towards Hassock Lane Community Garden (Section 137 LGA 1972).
- Chairman’s Report
- Allotment site update from Shipley Garden Allotment Association (Cllr D. Watson)
- Shipley Parish Room Trust – Cllrs Mrs. S. Bamford & Mrs. T. Skelton
- Pit Lane Inspections update
- Update on football pitch Pit Lane by Heanor Junior Football Club.
- Update on project for illustrated Parish Map (Chairman report)
- SEAG (Cllrs Mrs. S. Iliffe & G. Kearton)
- Village Green installation of bollards and consideration of floral planters
- Clerk Report as attached
- Planning applications as attached.
- Road safety issues Shipley Village Chairman Report:-
- Update from Chairman Cllr K. Stevenson
- To receive quotations received for installation of metal opening gates incorporating multi-use access gap at the side in accordance with rights of way requirements
- Working Party Meeting Tuesday 25th February 2020
- Items for forthcoming agenda Tuesday 24th March 2020 at 7 p.m. Shipley Parish Rooms.
- Annual Parish Meeting followed by Annual Parish Council Meeting, Tuesday 26th May 2020 from 6.30 p.m.
The public and press are cordially invited to attend Parish Council meetings and address during Public Comments Period. Recording of business proceedings is allowed by members of the public and press.
The public and press are in order to video or record the proceedings of the Council meetings.
Parish Room with facilities for persons with disabilities
Shipley Parish Council Reports for Council Meeting Tuesday 28th January 2020
Agenda item 9(i) CLERK REPORT
- Request for bus shelter Hassock Lane adjacent to Shipley Garage received from member of the community.
- Corporate email addresses for Councillors Members are reminded to provide an email address specific to receipt and despatch of emails relating to Shipley Parish Council business
- Police & Crime Commissioner Newsletter December 2019 available at meeting.
- Floral displays 2020 The Council is asked to instruct for request of quotations for the installation of floral displays within the parish, with confirmation of number and siting.
- Derbyshire County Council submission of comments by Parish Council regarding highway lines installed on Hassock Lane and Pit Lane, Shipley correspondence as follows:-
From Shipley Parish Council: - I write on behalf of Shipley Parish Council. At its last meeting a member of the public requested confirmation the highway lines on Hassock Lane to Pit Lane, Shipley originally installed as a control measure for the former American Adventure site are still effective or have the restrictions been suspended; the lineage is still present on the roads. I look forward to hearing from you.”
Response received from Derbyshire County Council:-
I can confirm that the waiting restrictions in relation to the access roads to the former American Adventure (A6007 Hassock Lane & Hassock Lane North) are still covered by the Waiting Restriction (Single Yellow Line) which applies 10am to 4pm (1st May to 30th September) and the Prohibition of Waiting (Double Yellow Lines) on Pit Lane.
To remove these restrictions requires a revocation order process to be undertaken, which includes public formal consultation and then if approved the necessary removal of the road markings and the associated traffic management on this busy road to undertake this, along with the additional road signs. I would envisage that the entire process would be around £10,000 to complete. I would as I am sure you can appreciate be reluctant to undertake such works and then have to install further measures again as a consequence of the newly determined land use for this site, which may result in further parking restrictions being required in the future, again having to go through the same Traffic Regulation Order process for new installations and the necessary installation costs that would be required.
I have recently provided some feedback/comments on a number of options for the proposed regeneration of the former theme park site and I think until such time that it is fully determined and subsequently approved for its future use, the restrictions will not be amended until such time that this is determined, so as to make the most appropriate use of the funding available.
Agenda item 10:- Planning applications as displayed on the Amber Valley Borough Council Website 20th January 2020:-
- Update on application AVA/2019/1072 74 Long Lane Shipley with an anticipated decision date 6th January 2020
- Update on application AVA/2019/0460 Field House, The Field, Shipley following submission of comments to the Borough Planning Department 28th October 2019.