Shipley Parish Council Photo Gallery.

Back To Previous Page

Dog Kennel Lane
Dog Kennel Lane although there is no trace to be seen today, it was here on the left that the kennels housing dogs for the hunt were sited. On the right is the Lakeside Business Park. The lake that the business park is beside can be glimpsed to the right of the photograph. This was this same stretch of water that gave its name to the The Inn On The Lake, a public house that traded here in the same building prior to its conversion to the business park. Before that it had been used successfully as a restaurant for a number of years in the latter part of the last century and was well known locally as "The Coppice" but that was not the original use of the building. It dates from 1890 and its original use was as offices for the Great Northern Railway Company. It was also used for a similar purpose by the Shipley Colliery Company.
 
 
Home Page - Location Details - Photo Gallery - Minutes - Reports - Parish Room - Contact Details
Site design by DTX Design Hosting by DTX Host
Shiply Parish Council Home Page Shiply Parish Council Location Details Shiply Parish Council Photo Gallery Shiply Parish Council Minutes Shiply Parish Council Room Hire Shiply Parish Council Contact Details Shipley Parish Council Reports